Wednesday, May 02, 2007

His-story

My eyes bored into him
I looked at his eyes
The way they shifted side to side
Uncomfortable

I looked at the curve of his lips
the hesitant smile
the genuine grin sometimes
the sparkle in the eyes then

I eyes bored into him
trying to read his life
His past, his fears, his secrets
I wondered what he was thinking

Sometimes our eyes met
I could tell that he was aware
He could tell that I was stripping him down
Laying naked his soul

His eyebrows would meet for a passing second
And then he'd turn around to hide himself
My eyes followed him around the room
Seeking a key to the mystery that was him

I had a curious interest in learning his story
We didnt speak at all
But I wished I could know all about him
Just by looking at him

And we went our seperate ways
And even now
What remains with me
Is that desire to know his story

No comments: