Monday, February 12, 2007

Dear People,

I love the mornings, the crispy winter air
I love the nights, dark, velvety, mysterious
I love the cool wind on my face
But, I don’t know how to love you

I love books, their words
I love writing
I love reading, and yet
I don’t know how to love you

I love the strums of a guitar
I love the notes of a flute
I love a good song
Still, I don’t know why, I don’t know how to love you

I love to tell you my every little joy,
I love to talk about nothing at all
I love to talk about my dreams to you
And though I try, I don’t know how to love you

I love to have you around
I love to be without you
I dream about you a lot
But, no! I don’t know how to love you

I love your bodies, your kisses, your hugs
I love your touch on my skin
I love the lingering smell you leave
It’s just that, I don’t know how to love you…

No comments: