Monday, October 22, 2007

Jumble Mumble

Every week I take up this new thing to do. Last week it was picking up Urdu.
This site helped me: http://www.urdupoetry.com/

From last week, here's what I came up with:

"Tumne hamein bheja koi pyaar ke paigaam nahi hai,
Magar afsaus, khwabo pe ikhtiyaar nahi hai"

(This was basically to use the word ikhtiyaar (control) in a sentence) :-)

This week it's reading more of Ogden Nash poetry. So today I found a whole PDF of Ogden Nash Poetry. There were many really nice ones. Here is one I picked out:

"My Dream

This is my dream
It is my own dream
I dreamt it.
I dreamt that my hair was kempt.
Then I dreamt that my true love unkempt it.

Ogden Nash"

And on that high note, jumble mumble takes a break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No heard yor Urdu....

Unknown said...

I love Ogden Nash poetry...... i absolutely absolutely love it...

my favourites are the octopus, the firefly and parsley :)

Unknown said...

and also the wasp and the hippopotamus :):)