Monday, February 25, 2008

My hiatus

I was on bed rest ( this is included sitting up in bed too) for the past 15 days at my folks home. There is no need to go into why. There is however a pressing need to chronicle how I made valuable use of time:


  1. Time spent exercise the muscle on the thumb and forefinger by using exercise tools like the remote control : About 60%

  2. Time spent reading: 20% (due to all books being stored away in cardboard boxes at the other end of town and the presence of only 2 books at home and being too scared to suggest telling folks to go on book buying spree)

  3. Time spent sleeping: 20% ( am sure was more. but head too woozy to do mathematics). Yes! This is mathematics.

  4. Time spent thinking that this was ideal time to think about what I want to do with my life: 15-20 hours (at approx. 1 hour per day)

  5. Time spent actually thinking about what I want to do with my life: 0 secs

  6. Instances of falling asleep heavily drugged whenever planned to start thinking about life: Every single time

  7. Time spent thinking - "Should call office tom. morning and find out if still employed": 5 x 15 (at approx. 5 min every night)

  8. Instances of calling office: 5-7 (Not bad I think). I am still employed btw.

  9. Checking Mails: Twice in 15 days. Yipdee! Am not a net junkie. Also didn't think too many ppl mail me.

  10. Time spent blogging: 0 secs.

  11. Time spent thinking of stuff to blog about: 0 secs. (Tsk Tsk)

  12. Time spent recounting gross details of my illness to polite ppl who called up (only one time each): 10 - 12 hours.

  13. Time spent counting my blessings of having nice family and friends: Loads. Thank you. :-)

Why the pressing need to recount this boring details? Bcoz its my first day back in office after my 15 day hiatus. And all I think of is my sofa and need to snuggle into it.

No comments: